Unique Slip Clutch
Protecting the hoist and operator are essential. The unique slip clutch on the LB will engage when an excessive overload is detected keeping the load stationary and secure regardless of any additional hand force applied.
Failsafe Freewheel System
Our widely acclaimed fail-safe freewheel system closes the gap between operator safety and load control. Developed in-house 30 years ago, the freewheel mechanism was intentionally created as a two-step process to eliminate the risk of accidental free chaining. The result is dramatically improved functionality and operator safety.
Safety Tip Hook and Latch
Taking a hoist off-duty because of a damaged or broken hook latch is unacceptable. That’s why the LB-SC latch was specifically designed to protect it from damage. The notch on the end of the latch is engineered to engage the tip of the hook to protect against lateral impact damage. The latch is also constructed of heavy gauge steel and secured by a widened anchor at the base to increase its rigidity.
State-Of-The-Art Chain Technology
Kito has successfully established a world-renowned reputation for manufacturing a lighter-weight, ultra-strong, high-performance load chain. What’s more, the LB Grade 100 chain uses a shorter and narrower link profile for greater surface area contact, which improves wear resistance and overall tensile strength.
Structural Steel Side Plates
Regionalized heat-treated side plates provide extreme rigidity to maintain proper body shape and operational efficiency, no matter what the load is. This heat treatment process also prevents abrasion to the load chain during contact with the side plates. This functionality is another example of how Kito is committed to keeping the LB-SC working longer.
How slip clutch hoists create safer worksites:
Kito's Maurie Bergstrom shows how the L5LB's slip clutch helps create a safer workplace.
Kito's "smart" Weston-style mechanical brake in action
Kito's Maurie Bergstrom describes the L5LB lever chain hoist "smart" mechanical brake.
- ¾ to 9 metric tonnes
- ASME B30.21 Safety Standard
- ASME HST-3 Performance Standard
- At rated capacity, load-bearing parts are only stressed to 25% of their limit
- Top hook extender
- Shipyard hook
- Inspection hook
- Black chain for heavy welding applications
- Custom lift lengths to suit your requirements
HOW THE SLIP CLUTCH WORKS
- The slip clutch engages when an excessive overload is detected
- The load remains stationary and secure regardless of any additional hand force applied
- This function stops the hoist from overloading and protects the hoist and operator from damage
- Rugged, high-impact stamped steel housing
- Compact and lightweight
- Open design for easy inspection and cleaning without dismantling the unit
- Forged, heat-treated alloy steel hooks open gradually without fracturing under excessive load
- Top and bottom hooks are equipped with self-closing heavy duty hook latches
- Top and bottom hooks rotate 360 degrees
- 360-degree handle rotation
- Rubber grip handle for non-slip operation
- Operate in close quarters with 15-degree recovery stroke
- Patented spring-loaded freewheel mechanism for easy adjustment of the load chain and protection against accidental freewheeling under load
- Highly durable, split-load double reduction gears
- Induction heat-treated and case-hardened
- Enclosed to protect from dust and water
- Nickel plated as standard
- Grade 100 heat-treated
- Link Pitch: 2.8D
- Standard Lift: 5 feet
- Protective guard around the chain pin for enhanced safety
- Weston-style load brake with four braking surfaces, two brake pads and two brake pawls for added safety
- Five-star thread on brake ensures a level braking surface to ease load break-out
L5LB ¾ - 3 Metric Tonne
Single Fall Lever Hoist; *For informational purposes only, contact KITO for dimensional drawing
L5LB 6 Metric Tonne
Double Fall Lever Hoist; *For informational purposes only, contact KITO for dimensional drawing
* All measurements in millimeters (mm)
|Capacity (tonne)||Model||Standard Lift (ft)||Hand Pull to Lift Full Load (kg)||Headroom (in)||Handle Length (in)||Load Chain Code||Load Chain Falls||Ship Weight (lbs)||Weight per Additional 5ft of Lift (lbs)|